The best way you can thank your horse is to help make sure he is ready to go the next time you want to ride! How you care for your horses legs after a workout can make a big difference in his short and long-term soundness.
Developing a post riding routine is essential. Follow these 4 steps to help get you started:
Liniments work to cool the leg and typically you should look for a menthol based product such as Corona Liniment. Heat in a limb during a workout is normal and also beneficial as it helps keep the structures pliable. After exercise however, residual heat can damage tissues and is associated with inflammation. Heat will eventually leave on its own, but anything that we can do to speed up the process can help prevent potential damage.
- Option 1: For daily use after a hard workout, you can simply rub a horse liniment on his legs from the knee down. Begin by gently rubbing the hair up then massage in the gel or lotion by rubbing down. To prolong the heating effect of a horse liniment, a breathable wrap can be used after application which will naturally help warm up his legs for a longer period of time. Always be sure the horse liniment you choose to use on his leg will not cause the leg to blister.
- Option 2: You can also dilute the liniment with water to use it as a full-body rubdown after a tough workout session. A liniment bath will help increase the flow of blood throughout the entire body, helping your horse's body recover from the workout and be in peak shape for the following day.
Which horse liniment should you choose? Corona Liniment aids in temporarily addressing muscle soreness and achy joints.
- Aids in temporarily reducing soreness, stiffness, and inflammation of muscles and achy joints
- Our unique combination of Menthol and Eucalyptus help to stimulate circulation where applied
- Contains botanical oils to help soothe and renew
- The lotion stays in place making it easy to massage into muscles and legs
- Compare our value to other horse liniments!
- Available in a 16 oz. squeeze bottle
CLICK here to find a local Manna Pro Dealer carrying Corona near you!
Find me on:
- Equine Nutrition
- Ask The Experts
- Equine Health
- Equine Conditions
- Wound & Skin Care
- Fly Control
- Just For Fun
- Leather Care
- Barn & Stable
- Horse Care
- Hoof Care
- supplements horses
- Broodmares & Foals
- Senior Horse Care
- Joint Care
- Natural Horsecare
- Success Stories
- Horse Liniments
- Weight gain
- Equine Health Care
- Equine Rescues
- Stable Management
- fly spray