When it comes to horse grooming, many of us already know the basics! But how do you get your horse to really shine? Follow these top secret grooming tips to set your horse apart from the competition!
- A beautiful coat starts with good nutrition! Add an Omega-3 fatty acid supplement to your horse’s diet for added shine. We reccomend Manna Pro's Simply Flax supplement.
- Have a dark coated horse that is prone to fading? Provide shade and consider outfitting the horse in a sheet. Did you know sweat in the coat accelerates fading? Rinse sweaty horses before turning them out in the sun.
- For white socks or stockings, dust the legs with baby power or corn starch to get them really white.
- Sponge your horse’s face clean after exercise to prevent fungal hair loss.
- If you clip the inside of your horse’s ears, place cotton inside to deaden the buzz and prevent hairs from entering the ear canal.
- When currying, begin with using a circular motion to loosen dirt, and then use a stiff body brush to remove it. Always brush front to back, top to bottom, for the most efficient effort.
- Although tedious, keep your brushes clean as you go! Clean the bristles with a metal or rubber curry.
- Let mud dry before attempting to brush it out, or hose your horse off.
- Bathe your horse but don’t overdo it! Spritz your horse with Corona Detangler & Shine to help deter dust.
- Have a horse with a coarse tail? Use a hot oil treatment in addition to your regular equine conditioner to soften hairs!
- To remove large snarls from manes and tails while minimizing hair loss, use your fingers to "finger comb" through the hair, gently untangling one knot at a time . The use of a good detangler, like Corona Detangler & Shine will make the process much easier for you and your horse.
- To reduce static electricity in manes and tails keep dryer sheets handy!
- Like to pull your horse’s mane? Try pulling a little each day after exercise when their pores are open.
- When braiding, banding, or training a mane over to one side, use a mane mousse to help get all the hairs under control.
- Be sure to let your horse roll in the dirt once in a while, it’s not permanent!
Step 1: Bathe your horse with Corona Concentrated Shampoo
- pH balanced and gentle enough for daily use
- Lanolin-protein enriched for a stronger mane and tail
- Over 125 washes per 32 oz. bottle and 400 washes per 3L bottle!
- Voted the best horse shampoo by the Horse Journal
Step 2: Spritz your horse with Corona Detangler & Shine
- Acts as a UV barrier to help prevent the sun-bleaching of manes and tails.
- Quickly loosens tangles and leaves a soft, smooth, and shiny finish.
- Helps repel dust, dirt, and stains to keep your horse looking its best!
Find me on:
- Equine Nutrition
- Ask The Experts
- Equine Health
- Equine Conditions
- Fly Control
- Wound & Skin Care
- Leather Care
- Barn & Stable
- Horse Care
- Just For Fun
- Hoof Care
- supplements horses
- Broodmares & Foals
- Senior Horse Care
- Joint Care
- Natural Horsecare
- Success Stories
- fly spray
- Equine Health Care
- Horse Liniments
- Weight gain
- Equine Rescues
- Stable Management