Most horse owners understand the basics of equine nutrition, however not all horses possess the “easy keeper” gene. Whether your horse's energy requirements have increased because of performance, age, pregnancy, or lactation, fat sources may be more beneficial and preferable over carbohydrate supplementation. Rice bran is one of the more affordable feed additives available on the market that helps provide calories via its high fat and nutritional contents. It may be just what you are looking for!
The Benefits of Stabilized Rice Bran for horses (SRB)
- Fats vs. Carbs: Carbohydrates are not the enemy! They provide a substantial amount of energy for horses, and are essential for exercise such as sprinting or barrel racing. However, in large doses carbs carry risks. The main advantage to stabilized rice bran is its high fat and low carbohydrate content. The advantages to fat is it contains more than twice the calorie contents of starch, is safe to feed because horses can easily digest and utilize fat, and fat offers an excellent opportunity to increase calorie intake without greatly increasing the quantity of feed.
- Omega Essential Fatty Acids: Because SRB is such an excellent fat source, it helps provide horses with the essential fatty acids Omega 3, 6, & 9. Click here to learn the additional benefits of essential fatty acids!
- Vitamin E: Rice bran is an excellent source of Vitamin E, a proven antioxidant. Vitamin E boosts the immune system, and has been shown to help prevent performance related issues such as exertional rhabdomyolysis or “tying up”.
- Fiber Content: The equine digestive system is designed to utilize fiber. Stabilized rice bran contains high levels of digestible fiber, which produces energy for the horse as well as stimulates muscle tone and activity in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Improves Coat Condition: SRB helps your horse grow a full glossy coat due to its Omega Essential Fatty Acid Content.
Which Stabilized Rice Bran should you purchase?
Max-E-Glo is an ideal supplement for hard-working, growing, or underweight horses and is formulated for healthy weight gain and maintenance, body condition and a glossy coat. PLUS, Max-E-Glo is Non GMO.
High in plant-based fats and low in starch: Provides extra calories for energy and weight gain.
Natural Vitamin E Source: Supports a healthy immune system.
Helps to maintain energy without hyperactivity.
Stays fresh and palatable, thanks to proper stabilization. Stays fresh for one year!
CLICK HERE to download your $5 Off coupon today!
Find me on:
- Equine Nutrition
- Ask The Experts
- Equine Health
- Equine Conditions
- Fly Control
- Wound & Skin Care
- Leather Care
- Barn & Stable
- Horse Care
- Just For Fun
- Hoof Care
- supplements horses
- Broodmares & Foals
- Senior Horse Care
- Joint Care
- Natural Horsecare
- Success Stories
- fly spray
- Equine Health Care
- Horse Liniments
- Weight gain
- Equine Rescues
- Stable Management